REPORTS TO: Statewide Training & QA Manager
☒ Full Time
Responsible for local fund development efforts through the acquisition, cultivation, and stewardship of individual donors. Develops and manages local fundraising events. Acts as the primary staff contact for the local leadership council and works to develop and steward those relationships. Coordinates implementation of the local fund development process within the parameters of the Statewide Fund Development Plan and in coordination with the Fund Development Team. Supervises a Service Delivery staff member. The position is also responsible for providing direct service delivery based on the needs of the local office.
- Point person for service delivery staff for operational and match safety issues and general problem solving surrounding service delivery. Get assistance from QA/Trainer when necessary.
- Coordinate with local service delivery staff to ensure that local service delivery activities are happening (match activities, volunteer trainings, etc).
- Responsible for supervision, coaching and evaluation of service delivery staff. Work with QA/Trainer to manage personnel issues among service delivery staff.
- Work with QA/Trainer to coordinate hiring and training of service delivery staff as needed.
- Responsible for signing and coordination of local service delivery staff timesheets, leave requests, finance forms, and workloads.
- Recruit, develop, support and maintain a local leadership council/advisory board that can provide community awareness, volunteers, and financial support.
- Cultivate and steward a portfolio of donors.
- Develop and implement strategies based on capacity and readiness to give.
- Determine how assigned prospects will be solicited for their financial gifts.
- Maintain donor and program records as mandated by Big Brothers Big Sisters recordkeeping policies.
- Develop and implement individualized stewardship strategies to keep donors engaged.
- Provide timely reports as required.
- Coordinate and execute any special events, including but not limited to Bowl for Kids’ Sake and Dream Big.
- Identify and negotiate partnerships with local agencies, employers, and school districts.
- Actively participate in community meetings and events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Perform Service Delivery functions as assigned. These functions include recruiting, interviewing, assessing, matching and supporting program participants as well as completing any required surveys.
- Enter all inquiries, assessments, support contacts, and other pertinent data into database, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information systems according to standards.
- Ensure high-level proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Maintain customer service at levels that meet or exceed expectations of all clients: volunteers, families, employers, donors, etc.
- Coordinate and execute program activities.
- Sales/Marketing – Ensure customers feel they have been listened to; establish credibility quickly; create and seize opportunities to match customer interest with Big Brothers Big Sisters options (partner, donor, volunteer, etc.); display enthusiasm and commitment; maintain a positive “can-do attitude; answer detailed questions about BBBS for the community.
- Communication – Verbal and Written — Able to practice active and attentive listening skills to verify understanding; translate what is heard, observed or assessed into documentation that is accurate, concise, and clearly communicates key information to others with a need to know.
- Customer Focus– Able to build strong working relationships with internal and external customers; identify unexpressed customer needs and potential services to meet those needs; independently anticipate and personalize communication/approach to fit different perspectives, backgrounds or styles of individuals; prioritize work in alignment with the needs of the customer; use customer knowledge and feedback to improve own work results.
- Planning & Organizing — Able to create detailed work plans; balance the need for adequate planning with the need for action; avoid wasting time on tasks that yield low value; use resources efficiently; create and monitor measures to chart the progress and impact of assignments.
- Problem Solving & Analysis — Able to gather appropriate data and diagnose a situation before taking action; separate causes from symptoms; apply lessons learned from others who encountered similar problems or challenges; anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with them; develop and evaluate alternative courses of action.
- Continuous Improvement & Gets Results – Able to identify and apply “best practices” in own work; improve efficiency by planning and organizing work effectively, eliminating barriers and streamlining work processes; monitor, evaluate and track own performance; adapt work practices in order to meet goals and deadlines; persist in the face of ongoing obstacles or setbacks; accept responsibility for the quality and outcomes of own work.
- Resilience & Flexibility — Able to interpret situations and information objectively when stressed; remain calm and professional in potentially difficult or emotionally charged interpersonal interactions; maintain high productivity in stressful situations; maintain high performance in the face of setbacks or changing circumstances; view failures objectively and rebound quickly; work to clarify situations where information or objectives are ambiguous.
- Strategic Alignment – Able to align own work objectives with the organization’s strategic plan or objectives; take organizational priorities into consideration when making choices and trade-offs in own work; act with an understanding of how the community affects the business and how own actions and decisions affect other jobs or outcomes; maintain perspective between the overall picture and tactical details.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree. Experience working with community development, fundraising, boards, and supervisory responsibilities preferred. Experience working with both child and adult populations; specific assessment, intake, or interview experience a plus. Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Proficiency in Microsoft OFFICE and Google Drive. Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service, both in-person and via telephone, and high-level interviewing skills. Ability to form and sustain appropriate relationships based on positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction and effectively assess and execute the following relational support skills: guiding, supporting, confronting, advising and/or negotiating. Relate well in diverse environments. Maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations. Effectively collaborate with other staff. Use time effectively and focus on details. Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Satellite Office/Location, Flexible work hours to meet customer needs. Some travel may be required. Ability to sit in meetings, both in-person and via telephone, and to work effectively using a computer for long periods of time.
If interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Contents may be subject to change to meet the needs of the organization.