Big Brothers Big Sisters of Flathead County
Match Support and Enrollment Specialist – Job Opening
Our mission: to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
Reports to: Executive Director
Works in coordination with: Agency staff and volunteers
Hours per week: 40
Compensation: $14.00+ DOE and Benefits
To apply: Email, or mail cover letter, resume, and at least 3 references to email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Position will remain open until filled.
Job Summary: Provide match support to volunteer mentors, parents, and children involved in matches via phone or in person on a pre-determined schedule to ensure child safety and the development of constructive and satisfying mentor relationships. Enroll and match volunteers and children as needed.
- Bachelors degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that reflect solid customer service
- Ability to effectively work with a team and maintain confidentiality through daily operations
- Ability to form appropriate assessment-based relationships in multicultural environments
- Ability to focus on details and use time effectively to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions
- Must have a car, valid driver’s license, and meet required auto insurance premiums
- Highly motivated with proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word and Excel
- Experience with nonprofit and community-based organizations or community outreach
- Educational or professional experience in relationship management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide match support to volunteer mentors, parents, and children involved in matches via phone or in person focusing on: child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction. Real and/or potential problems and barriers are identified, addressed and resolved as early as possible.
- Assess volunteer “fit” to BBBS. Conduct volunteer enrollments, including: individual orientations, interviews, and completion of any other enrollment processes. Assess the necessity of home visits and complete as indicated
- Recruit volunteers and children
- Conduct client enrollments including parent/child interviews, child safety education and enrollment processes. Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed
- Assess and provide for individual training needs, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer
- Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function
- Develop strategic interventions to identify and strengthen match relationships that require extra support.
- Work with staff to develop, promote and implement individual and group match activities to support ongoing volunteer involvement with the child and agency
- Share with development and/or marketing staff potential partnership relationships as discovered through volunteers’ and parents’ employers and affiliations
- To ensure quality services and measurable outcomes, maintain accurate and timely records for each match according to standards and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data
- Other duties as assigned