JOB TITLE: Match Support Specialist
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Programs
To apply: Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting salary: $35,100
☒ Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing match support to ensure child safety, positive impacts for youth, constructive and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and a strong sense of affiliation with BBBS on the part of volunteers. The successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: match closure rate, frequency of match closures, average match length, volunteer rematch rate, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure high-level proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Through scheduled in-person, telephone, and electronic contact, ascertain that the elements of child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction are fulfilled and that potential problems and barriers are identified and addressed as early as possible. Match support is provided on a frequency according to BBBS Standards, at a minimum.
- Assess individual training, information and support needs for each match participant.
- Develop, promote and implement individual and group match activities to support ongoing volunteer involvement with the child and agency affiliation through individualized recognition, newsletters and other informational products, annual events, and re-engagement strategies.
- Enter all inquiries, assessments, support contacts and other pertinent data into online database, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information systems according to standards.
- Establish, monitor and meet goals for match length and customer satisfaction. Utilizing the Youth Outcome Survey, assess match impact on youth development.
- Conduct exit interviews with all parties at match closure. Assess reasons for match closure and re-match potential.
- Share with development and/or marketing staff potential partnership relationships as discovered through volunteers’ and parents’ employers and affiliations.
- Identify and promote re-engagement of volunteers as Bigs and other volunteer capacities.
- Assist with Fund Development and Recruitment events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer Focus– Able to build strong working relationships with internal and external customers; identify unexpressed customer needs and potential services to meet those needs; independently anticipate and personalize communication/approach to fit different perspectives, backgrounds or styles of individuals; prioritize work in alignment with the needs of the customer; use customer knowledge and feedback to improve own work results.
- Planning & Organizing— Able to create detailed work plans; balance the need for adequate planning with the need for action; avoid wasting time on tasks that yield low value; use resources efficiently; create and monitor measures to chart the progress and impact of assignments.
- Problem Solving & Analysis — Able to gather appropriate data and diagnose a situation before taking action; separate causes from symptoms; apply lessons learned from others who encountered similar problems or challenges; anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with them; develop and evaluate alternative courses of action.
- Continuous Improvement & Gets Results – Able to identify and apply “best practices” in own work; improve efficiency by planning and organizing work effectively, eliminating barriers and streamlining work processes; monitor, evaluate and track own performance; adapt work practices in order to meet goals and deadlines; persist in the face of ongoing obstacles or setbacks; accept responsibility for the quality and outcomes of own work.
- Communication – Verbal and Written — Able to practice active and attentive listening skills to verify understanding; translate what is heard, observed or assessed into documentation that is accurate, concise, and clearly communicates key information to others with a need to know.
- Resilience & Flexibility — Able to interpret situations and information objectively when stressed; remain calm and professional in potentially difficult or emotionally charged interpersonal interactions; maintain high productivity in stressful situations; maintain high performance in the face of setbacks or changing circumstances; view failures objectively and rebound quickly; work to clarify situations where information or objectives are ambiguous.
- Strategic Alignment – Able to align own work objectives with the organization’s strategic plan or objectives; take organizational priorities into consideration when making choices and trade-offs in own work; act with an understanding of how the community affects the business and how own actions and decisions affect other jobs or outcomes; maintain perspective between the overall picture and tactical details.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in social services or related field, with the following exceptions contingent on a waiver from Big Brothers Big Sisters of America: Associate Degree – staff must also have a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in related fields such as social services or human resources; in the process of completing Bachelor’s degree – staff must be within 6 months of degree completion; no degree at all – staff must have a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience. Experience working with both child and adult populations. Understanding of child development and family dynamics. Experience or knowledge of trauma-informed care. Must have access to a car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service, both in-person and via telephone. Ability to form and sustain appropriate relationships based on positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction and effectively assess and execute the following relational support skills: guiding, supporting, confronting, advising and/or negotiating. Relate well in multicultural environments. Maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations. Effectively collaborate with other staff. Use time effectively and focus on details. Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions. Proficiency in Google Drive products.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
☒ Routine office environment with remote work option ☐Satellite Office/Location
Flexible work hours to meet customer needs. If home visitation is indicated, must travel to local communities and neighborhoods. Ability to sit in meetings, both in-person and via telephone, and to work effectively using a computer for long periods of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Contents may be subject to change to meet the needs of the organization.