Agency: Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Alabama
Position: Match Support Specialist
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social services, human resources or related field.
- Ensure a high-level of proficiency and skill in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Maintain accurate and timely records for each match according to standards and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data.
- High degree of collaboration with other service delivery staff to ensure smooth transition among functions.
- Continually assess the match relationship focusing on: child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction. Real and/or potential problems and barriers are identified, addressed and resolved as early as possible. Match support is provided on a frequency according to BBBS Standards, at a minimum.
- Assess and provide for individual training needs, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
- Develop strategic interventions to identify and strengthen match relationships that require extra support to continue to grow.
- Support special events and other agency fundraising initiatives as necessary to maintain the growth of the agency
Start date: mid to late January
Wages/benefits: To be discussed during interview and screening process, but position includes options for benefits
Apply by January 2, 2020 by sending a resume with cover letter to Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org *Entries may not be responded to until deadline.