We are growing!
Our Mission: Big Brothers Big Sisters provides children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
What We Do: For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation’s largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and children (“Littles”), ages 6 through 18, in communities across the country. We develop positive relationships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people.
Who We Are: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee serves eight counties in the Middle Tennessee area, including Davidson County. Over 1,200 children were served in 2017. Located in Nashville, TN the agency is consistently recognized by Big Brothers Big Sisters of America as one of the top-performing agencies in the federation.
We are growing our team at Big Brothers Big Sisters! The primary function of this position is to provide support to new and existing BBBS matches to ensure child safety, positive outcomes for youth, healthy and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and a strong sense of affiliation with BBBS. ** Spanish speaking preferred **
- Manage a caseload of volunteer adults (Bigs) and youth (Littles) who have been paired in a mentoring relationship. Through regular support calls, continually assess the match relationship focusing on: child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer and family satisfaction.
- Conduct in-person match introductions between the Family and Big in order to help facilitate early relationship development.
- Identify, address and resolve existing and/or potential match challenges through regular coaching conversations and in-person meetings.
- Provide on-going coaching, support and training to help develop and sustain lasting match relationships that have a positive impact on the youth served.
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate and detailed documentation and database records according to Big Brothers Big Sisters standards.
- Work schedule will include evenings and some weekend hours to best meet the needs of our families and volunteers.
- Provide program participants with solution focused strategies, resources and training that will help to further support match participants.
- Participate in professional training as provided by the agency and the National office to achieve maximum development of professional skills when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field. Assessment and relationship development experience with child and adult populations and understanding of child development and family dynamics. Proficiency in Microsoft OFFICE, including Word, Outlook, and Excel. Must have car, valid driver’s license and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
Must have exceptional skills in:
- Time management and self-initiative
- Verbal and written communication
- Problem solving
- Computer databases (including MS Excel and MS Word)
Proven ability to:
- Seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing protocol, practices and policies.
- Plan, organize, develop, implement, interpret and support goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc.
- Support organization’s goals and values.
- Effectively present to groups.
- Deliver customer service with both internal and external partners.
- Maintain a high level of personal and professional integrity and ethics at all times.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of sensitive data.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and telephone; ability to form and sustain appropriate child, adult volunteer-based relationships based on positive youth development; effectively assess and execute the following relational support skills: guiding, supporting, confronting, advising and/or negotiating; relate well in multicultural environments; effectively collaborate with other volunteer match staff; use time effectively; and focus on details. Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions.
Routine office environment including regular phone and computer work as well as work outside the office when meeting with families and volunteers in the local community. Work hours regularly include late afternoons and evenings as well as some weekends to meet customer needs. Occasional participation in agency activities and trainings on the weekend and at night is required.
The Match Support Specialist will be evaluated on his/her ability to perform the essential functions of this position; utilize their skills and abilities to meet annual individual, departmental and organizational goals; complete projects and assigned tasks in an accurate, cooperative and timely manner; set realistic priorities; and maintain professionalism in interactions with staff, donors, and other major stakeholders.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
Big Brothers Big Sisters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Send cover letter and resume to:
1704 Charlotte Ave. Ste 130
Nashville, TN 37203
No phone calls please. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fax: (615) 321-5913