Position Title: Office Manager
Reports To: VP Finance & Operations
Date: April 2019
FLSA Status: Exempt
This Office Manager position is responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations and resources, assists in the overall finance function, and responsible for data and statistical reporting to facilitate effectiveness and efficiency for the entire organization. This position will perform a wide range of functions to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
As an organization dedicated to inclusiveness, BBBSC values and celebrates the diversity and individuality of every child, volunteer, employee, board member, family and community partner.
Operations and Finance
- Oversee daily office operations ensuring the organization and staff have a quality work environment.
- Delivers consistent, effective and excellent customer service to all children, parents, volunteers, staff, partnerships, and donors. Communicates effectively with all departments within the agency.
- Responsible for all vendor management which includes ordering equipment and supplies, managing and monitoring service levels, invoice reconciliation and addressing unsatisfactory vendor services.
- Complete monthly expense reconciliation for corporate credit cards. Prepare necessary journal entry to record expenses.
- Serve as primary IT liaison between staff and external IT service provider. Ensure IT infrastructure operating at all times.
- Manage car donation vendor and system. Implement strategies for increasing overall car donation and keeping processing costs to a minimum.
- Assist with committee and Board packet preparation. Provide administrative support to all CEO and all departments.
- Responsible for accounts payable process including vendor relationships, timely paying of all invoices, and accurate record keeping in Sage.
- Assist in HR administration as needed. Responsible for daily mail processing.
- Maintain and reconcile Denver petty cash account. Log incoming checks daily and make deposits as needed.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Manage program data including but not limited to Matchforce Statistics, Quality metrics, School data and outcomes, Match Activities (collectively referred to as Program stats and outcomes data for BBBSC). Help agency and staff build capacity to understand the importance of collected data and how it relates to quality and impact both internally and within the community.
- Maintain and when necessary, create data management systems, tools, policies and procedures required for the collecting, entering, cleaning, tracking, analyzing, and reporting out of data.
- Gather data into manageable database using appropriate software. Use available software (Excel) to “clean” existing data files and streamline the data management process.
- Ensure that essential program and demographic data is appropriately collected for assessment purposes.
- Conduct analysis of Program stats and outcomes data on a periodic or as needed basis.
- Create a schedule of data collection and periodic reporting according to agency and grant timelines and project requirements as determined by program leadership, grant manager and agency leadership.
- Build and maintain relationships with both internal and external partners including school districts, funders, community impact teams related to outcomes and impact.
- Stay current with best practices, literature, and resources relevant to BBBSC quality and impact.
- Manage and maintain quality, confidentiality and integrity of data and findings.
- Responsible for the management, updates, staff training and accessibility to databases.
- Review, compile and provide relevant data in practical and informative format for Program and Fund Development on an as needed basis. (Quantitative and Qualitative)
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Competency and experience data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Expert in Microsoft Office products with emphasis in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Results oriented; monitors processes and progress; meets goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate the relevance of findings in the context of the BBBSC mission.
- Some knowledge and experience with in program/outcomes evaluation, research design and instrument design is preferred.
Education or Formal Training
- Secretarial/administrative experience required.
- Minimum three years prior experience with data collection, management, operational reporting and analysis
- Experience analyzing and presenting data outcomes
- Experience working with data warehouses design and project management
- Material And Equipment Directly Used: General office equipment including PC, copier and projector.
- Working Environment/Physical Activities: Routine office environment. Work hours and location occasionally flexible to meet customer and agency needs. Some evenings and weekends may be required. Some driving in community required.
- Adhere to all personnel guidelines of the agency.
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor, and appearance at all times; act as a “role model” both at and away from the agency.
- Maintain a creative, team-building approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Perform all tasks and responsibilities with attention to detail and in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency guidelines and conforming to the scheduling requirements of the job and program.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of the clients; act with honesty and integrity in all aspects of agency business.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills though engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Actively strive to create and maintain a culturally sensitive and appropriate environment through communication and interaction that demonstrates respect for diversity.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSC strives to make all personnel decisions without regard to race, creed, age, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, gender, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, arrest record, or any other protected class as required by applicable law. All employees are expected to actively support these principles and objectives in our work environment and with others with whom we come into contact.
Note: Nothing in this job specification restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Critical features of this job are described under various headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above statements are strictly intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.