Agency: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Montana
Position: Outreach and Match Support Specialist
Location: Great Falls, Montana
Location: Great Falls, Montana
Supervisor: Director of Programs
Benefits: Medical insurance, Simple IRA with 3% employer match, up to 3 weeks paid time off, 12 holidays, flexible scheduling, staff incentive plan.
The Outreach and Match Support Specialist is a multifaceted role charged with brand ambassadorship, volunteer and youth recruitment, program enrollment, support of mentoring relationships, and development of activities for matches. This position will assist in coordinating and operating school-based mentoring programs in Great Falls. High-level customer service is a must to ensure safe and positive relationships between the agency, families, children, volunteer mentors, and Agency partners.
Requirements, Experience, Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in education, social work or a related field.
- Ability to work courteously, collaboratively, and respectfully with all BBBS stakeholders, including staff, volunteer mentors, children/families served, and agency partners.
- Comfort in training, monitoring, and supporting high school and elementary students in a classroom setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Willing and able to work irregular hours and have a flexible work schedule.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the ability to quickly adapt to new applications.
- Must provide own transportation and hold a valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- Satisfactory criminal history and driving records.
- Familiarity with the Great Falls community and classroom management is preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Community Outreach – Promote awareness of BBBS programs and opportunities by cultivating relationships with local businesses, organizations, schools, and other potential partners. Educate the public, prospective volunteers, and families about the benefits and expectations of BBBS programs.
- Enrollment – Interview, screen, and match volunteer mentors and youth in accordance with Agency standards.
- Provide relationship and safety support for mentoring matches across school and community-based programs, including but not limited to:
- Match Support – Ensure the safety and success of assigned matches by maintaining routine communication with volunteers, children, and guardians and adhering to the Service Delivery Model as developed by Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.
- Evaluation – Work with families, teachers, and volunteers in the distribution and collection of all evaluation materials.
- Closure – Facilitate a positive match closure experience and evaluate volunteers and children for potential for re-enrollment.
- Coordinate with school staff for the successful operation of high school Buddies matches across Great Falls and provide direct observation and support of these matches at local schools.
- Develop and attend match activities as assigned.
- Maintain all appropriate documentation and manage volunteer and child/family confidentiality.
- Other program support duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist with fundraising/development as assigned.
- Assist with general administrative duties as needed, such as answering the telephone, making copies, preparing files, etc.
- Provide information and prepare text for agency newsletters as assigned.
- Other agency support duties and responsibilities assigned.
To apply for this position, email cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.