Agency name: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay, Inc.
Partnerships Director of Pinellas County!
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. In accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation upon request to eligible applicants in order that they may be given a full and fair opportunity to be considered for employment.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay (BBBST) requires that all newly hired employees be vaccinated. If a potential candidate has a medical or religious exemption to receiving a vaccine, your work conditions may require adjustment. BBBST will make reasonable accommodation under Federal and State laws as needed.
The Partnership Director of Pinellas County will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategy that identifies and motivates qualified individuals who are interested in becoming Big Brother and Big Sister volunteer mentors. Through new and existing relationships with corporate and community partners, the Partnership Director will inform and inspire enough potential new mentors through in-person and virtual presentations to meet the agency’s growth goals for Pinellas County. The Partnership Director will recruit quality volunteers by educating them on our programs, policies and expectations and inviting them to attend a Big Orientation & Training session, the initial step in the enrollment process. In addition to recruiting new Bigs for our traditional Community-Based Programs, this person will also be asked to work closely with law enforcement agencies throughout Pinellas County to help expand our Bigs In Blue/Bigs With Badges program.
- Education/Training (or equivalent): Candidate will have a four-year degree or related experience. Experience recruiting and coordinating volunteers preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working and living in Pinellas County, including existing relationships with local corporate and community leaders.
- Prefer a candidate with at least two years’ experience working in the nonprofit sector and/or working with children.
- Skilled and effective public speaker.
- Excellent customer service skills, staff coordination skills and ability to work with various teams.
- Demonstrated technology skills including MS Office and ability to design and write electronic communication.
- Other: Candidate must have reliable transportation to travel to various locations throughout workday. Candidate must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate evening and weekend events and schedules.
Please forward all resumes to: Careers@bbbstampabay.org