Position: Program Coordinator – Sports Buddies & School-Based
Hours: 40 hours/week
This position is responsible for the overall development, implementation, administration, and
management of the soon to be launched Sports Buddies Initiative. This position includes event
scheduling, development of, and maintenance of, collaborative relationships with community partners
in sports-related businesses, conducting interviews and match introductions, event planning and
execution, and conducting match support. Provide support and guidance to volunteer mentors and youth to
ensure our mentoring matches are safe and impactful. Be a trusted resource for mentors, kids and families and
help them establish a strong sense of affiliation with our agency. The ideal candidate will have experience running
youth sporting events and demonstrate a high-level of awareness and independent judgment when supervising
volunteers and children in the areas of child safety and relationship building. This position will also carry a
school-based caseload. Stand with kids and lead them on a path towards a brighter, more promising future. Join
our dynamic team and enjoy a rewarding and flexible position that changes lives.
- Create matches and facilitate match meetings.
- Provide comprehensive assessments for volunteer and child participation in the program based upon
assessments of each individual.
- Determine matches and facilitate match meetings.
- Maintain consistent contact with all members of the match party to ensure match safety and
- Develop strategic interventions to identify and strengthen match relationships that require extra support.
- Maintain accurate and timely records for each individual and match.
- Continually assess the match relationship focusing on: child safety, relationship development, positive
youth development and volunteer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with school/site partners.
- Work closely with school/site personnel to obtain client referrals and permission forms.
- Plans, organizes and executes Sports Buddies events.
- Builds and manages community contacts and relationships.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in social services or related field required.
- Assessment and relationship development experience with child and adult populations; understanding of
child development and family dynamics.
- Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet program required automobile insurance minimums. Local
travel is required.
- CPR/First Aid Certified (able to complete course once hired).
- General knowledge of sports and activity planning.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word and Excel.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills.
- High-level interviewing skills.
- Ability to manage time and work independently.
- Ability to collect data and draw conclusions.
- Ability to assess and execute the following relational support skills: guiding, supporting, confronting,
advising and/or negotiating.
- Ability to focus on details.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed (at least 1 Saturday a month will be required).
Starting Salary: $30,000 (40 hours per week, non-exempt)
Please email cover letter, resume and reference information (names and contact information for at least 3) to:
Ann Matvick, Program Director
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central MN
Deadline to apply: Open until filled
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central MN provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran
status or disability.