TITLE: Program Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The Program Director is a member of the Management Team reporting to the Executive Director. He/she is responsible for training and supervising all program staff; overseeing outreach and program development for all mentoring and group programs.
Full Time 37.5 hours
FLSA classification: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $55,000 – $62,000
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participates in agency annual and long range planning initiatives, providing program related data and recommendations. Attends monthly board meetings and reports activities and trends.
Program – Development – Oversight
- Ensures effective supervision and implementation of all programs including
- community, site-based, school-based, and group programs.
- Facilitates bi-weekly team meetings with Site-Based and University Managers.
- Meets individually for case managers’ supervision.
- Ensures all program activities comply with agency and national standards of practice.
- Oversees training and monitoring of all program staff.
- Evaluates program staff annually in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- following agency and national standards and procedures.
- Meets regularly with staff, assures that POE “Program Outcome Evaluations” and assessments are completed in a timely manner, according to agency and national standards/procedures.
Customer Service – Mentor Recruitment – Community Networking
- Oversees coordination of bi-weekly volunteer trainings for prospective Big Brothers and Sisters.
- Participates in agency outreach in conjunction and cooperation with agency initiatives and goals.
Data Management & Quality Assurance
- Completes accurate report of monthly program statistics to present to Board of Directors and staff.
- Conducts bi-monthly spot audits of case records.
- Documents all corrective action recommended to program staff and maintain in a locked file.
- Assists Executive Director with preparation of required program and annual reports to funding sources.
Administrative – Communication
- Keeps staff informed on all agency initiatives and activities.
- Receives authorization from Executive Director for all reimbursement, mileage or program checks and for all requested leave.
- Provides information and consultation in the development of new and renewals of all program grants.
- Prepares recommendation for expenses related to program staff and activity for annual operating budget.
- Actively participates in fundraising and communication efforts such as submitting newsletter ideas, volunteering at special events and notifying client base of special events.
- Assures all agreements and/or contracts are forwarded to supervisor for approval.
Management & General
- Follows all agency policy and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by Executive Director.
BA required, MSW preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation, flexible scheduling required, ability to work evenings and weekend hours.
- Demonstrates leadership and management skills with 2-3 year’s supervisory experience.
- Ability to work inspiring and building a team environment.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skill to handle public, sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization and community.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-directed with strong organizational skills.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Demonstrates flexibility in assignments, has ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Routine office environment. Office hours are 9-5 Monday through Friday, with occasional agency fundraising/training/recruitment events taking place evenings and weekends. Monthly evening board meeting. Minimal physical requirements to include walking, standing, sitting at work station: normal office environment.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Connecticut is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.