Previous Experience Desired
Experience in administrative duties, community outreach, and working with children and adults from diverse ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds
Skills and Qualities Needed
- Ability to organize and carry out an independent plan of work
- Initiative and ability to work collaboratively and build partnerships in the community
- Excellent communication skills with families, youth, and volunteers
- Dependability and dedication
- Ability to adapt to and contribute to a dynamic work environment
- Engagement and recruitment of volunteers, families, donors and community partners
- Enrollment and match support following all standards as prescribed by BBBSA
- Ensuring child safety, positive impacts for youth and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers and volunteers/parents with BBBS.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of Mahaska County satellite including:
- Event/Activity Organization
- Partnership Development
- Supervision of personnel
- Grant Management and Fundraising
- Screen program applicants, assess compatibility, and introduce new
- Prepare reports as requested and ongoing communication with Mahaska Co. Advisory Board, Executive Director and when applicable BBBS Board of Directors.
- Early evening hours and some weekends are be required.
Satisfactory completion of criminal background and driving record checks. Proof of current automobile insurance is also required prior to first day of work.
Salary and Benefits
FT: $35,000 – $40,000 @ 40 hour/week. Excellent health and retirement benefits, generous holiday schedule and vacation/sick leave accrual policy
Submit resumes and cover letters by Sun. March 10th at Indeed.com
Program Manager – BBBS of Mahaska County