Agency’s Name: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Essex, Hudson and Union Counties (BBBSEHU)
Position Title: Program Manager
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Essex, Hudson and Union Counties (BBBSEHU) is seeking a Program Manger to develop the strategy and execution plan for BBBS’ next phase of growth. Reporting to the COO, the Program Manager will oversee day-to-day programmatic operations to ensure high quality services to at risk youth. The Program Manager will be a key member of the Leadership Team that will accelerate BBBS’ growth and impact in the community. The ideal candidate must be equipped to lead in a fast-paced, ever-changing culture with the ability to shift focus quickly based on identified needs and enhanced goals.
Paramount for this role, the ideal candidate will have a successful track record (7 years+) of managing professionals, including demonstrated performance management and coaching skills, while developing and maintaining strong engagement and data-driven systems for accountability. The Program Manager (PM) must demonstrate exemplary supervision, networking, strategy, and customer service skills. The PM will build meaningful and effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, including expanding the current volunteer recruitment platform; developing a comprehensive events program strategy and reporting program data/outcomes to the COO, CEO and Board of Trustees. Approximately 15 program staff members will report to this position.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7-10 years relevant experience and a demonstrated record of achievement, primarily in leading and managing staff, setting and attaining data-driven goals, and developing and implementing youth services programs. He/she will be an experienced manager who will bring to the position a high degree of integrity, energy and creativity as well as the organizational, analytical, and personal qualities that will inspire enthusiasm and cooperation from all of BBBSEHU constituencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for data-driven staff and agency-wide program performance. Monitors operational effectiveness using technology-based work flow and tracking systems (i.e. Matchforce); evaluates and analyzes data to produce reports and infographics, tracks individual and team performance, and meets annual agency program goals.
- Oversees all areas of program effectiveness, youth outcomes and child safety and appropriately communicates information to the Leadership Team. Establishes and ensures a system for quality assurance and youth protection.
- Leads performance management practices through creation of reports (including statistical results), analysis of trends and issues, and presents information to different audiences (COO, CEO, other agency staff management, Board of Directors) as needed.
- Plans, leads and drives implementation of programs designed to increase and strengthen Big and Little match relationships and youth development. Manages critical service and workflow issues that are impacting the ability to provide quality services. Develops and implements new program initiatives to expand mentoring services or targets community issues as directed or needed.
- Ensures that programmatic excellence is achieved by using performance metrics, establishing operational benchmarks, and making improvements to operations.
- Assists in growing a quality program through effective community outreach and agency sponsored activities.
- Develops and enhances the agency’s outreach efforts to ensure that the agency’s image, mission, values, and advocacy for children and youth are properly communicated to people throughout the service area.
- Establishes and oversees the program segment of the overall budget. Ensures that all systems required to track and report on program functions due to grant requirements are established and maintained as needed.
Talent Management and Development:
- Provides day-to-day management, coaching, supervision, and leadership to BBBSEHU program staff.
- Hires, engages, develops, and holds staff accountable to work efficiently and effectively and to achieve individual and team goals, while complying with local policies and national standards of practice. Establishes and ensures a system and culture of continuous staff learning, development and succession planning.
- Works with staff to develop objective performance measurements, to ensure consistent, high-quality performance.
- Oversees and manages all aspects of program staffing administration and human resources, including keeping appropriate written human resources documentation, development plans and accountability structures.
- Maintains employee handbook, personnel policies, employees’ official records and documents to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Minimum of a BA/BS, MA/MS preferred.
- At least 7-10 years of experience with at least 7 years’ experience in a team management role directly supervising staff.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving culture in which office hours and expectations related to availability are not strictly 9-5.
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating data-driven program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs.
- Proficient in utilizing technology as a daily workflow and management tool, preferably Salesforce.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting, management, developing and retaining employees.
- Deep understanding of human resources – employee performance improvement plans and corrective action policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Essex, Hudson and Union Counties mission.
BBBS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V. BBBS believes that diversity leads to strength.
About Big Brothers, Big Sisters:
At Big Brothers Big Sisters, our success is measured in the positive influence we have on thousands of at-risk youths in our community. We will provide you unique career opportunities that allow you to use of your talents in making the world better – one child at a time. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If your definition of success goes beyond a paycheck, and are eager to make a difference, you belong at BBBS.
Service at BBBS.
At BBBS, the definition of “service” has a higher meaning. Delivering our “service” could mean the difference between a child graduating from high school, from steering clear of drugs and gangs or it could mean the difference between a life cut short or a life as a productive member of society. As an associate of BBBS, the service and work you perform has these life changing differences for thousands of local children yearning for the love and guidance that many take for granted. With us, you are using your business and relationship management skills for the greater good. You get to perform your job with the satisfaction that cannot come from a paycheck alone.