Agency: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Alaska
Location: Anchorage, AK
Position title: Program Specialist
This position is responsible for responsible for providing match support for our Sync program, which serves youth ages 14-21 who are in or aging out of foster care. This includes facilitating match meetings, assisting with planning and implementing match activities, maintaining relationships with the Independent Living staff, and attending Foster Youth retreats and Independent Living classes as needed. The position is also responsible for providing other direct service delivery based on the needs of the local office.
- Facilitate Sync match meetings in accordance with volunteer and child schedules.
- Through scheduled in-person, telephone and electronic contact, ascertain that the elements of child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction are fulfilled and that potential problems and barriers are identified and addressed as early as possible. Match support is provided on a frequency according to BBBS Standards, at a minimum.
- Contact OCS caseworkers and Independent Living (IL) staff to help resolve Sync match issues.
- Award match support incentive gift cards to Sync Littles who have 3 on-time contacts in a row.
- Assess individual training, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
- Develop and support relationships with IL staff. Schedule regular meetings and provide IL staff with updates.
- Attend retreats and IL classes as needed in order to complete match support or assist Sync Program Coordinator with presentations.
- Assist the Sync Program Coordinator with planning and facilitating Sync match activities.
Other Service Delivery (25%)
- This includes but is not limited to: recruitment, customer relations, enrollment and matching, match support and/or full service delivery for specific programs or sites.
- Ensure high-level proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Assist with Agency and Fund Development activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Required skills/abilities:
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field. Experience working with both child and adult populations; experience with youth in foster care preferred. Proficiency in Google Drive. Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service. Ability to form appropriate assessment-based relationships. Relate well in diverse environments. Maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations. Effectively collaborate with other staff. Use time effectively and focus on details. Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions.
Salary range: starts at $17/hour, 37.5 hours/week. Hourly, non-exempt.
Application instructions: send a cover letter and resume to Trina Resari-Salao, email@example.com.