Position Title: Program Specialist
Reports To: Program Manager
Date: April 2019
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Grade: $35,000
This position requires excellent case management, program support and documentation for Community Mentoring matches as assigned. The ideal candidate must execute sound and independent judgment in compliance with BBBSC standards and practices. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a high-level of awareness/expertise and independent judgment when interviewing and assessing volunteers and children in the areas of child safety, matching, match support and documentation. Must be highly organized and provides excellent professional customer service and meets quality metrics, outcomes and goals as established by the agency.
As an organization dedicated to inclusiveness, BBBSC values and celebrates the diversity and individuality of every child, volunteer, employee, board member, family and community partner.
- Provides professional and timely match support essential to one-to-one mentoring.
- Assesses and identifies factors contributing to successful match and/or barriers or challenges to a successful match defined as longer, stronger and impactful.
- Ensures awareness of child safety and risk management, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Identifies potential child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Provides community resources and referrals to all served families expressing need, when possible.
- Maintains written and statistical documentation in a professional and timely manner.
- Responsible for distributing and collecting surveys and program evaluations for assigned matches.
- Interviews children and volunteers as assigned, completes assessments, and enrollment process.
- Conducts reassessments/updates as assigned, Inquiry through matching.
- Processes volunteer and child applicants from inquiry/assignment through matching.
- Works a minimum of 2 evenings per week and an occasional Saturday
- Attends events and activities as assigned.
- Performs duties in compliance with National standards and BBBSC policies, procedures and practices.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Experience associating with or the willingness to associate with diverse communities and organizations that support BBBSC stakeholders and to develop and maintain relationships with those communities and organizations.
- Excellent oral and written communicator.
- Works independently yet able to perform well in team environment.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational skills and able to focus on details.
- Must have excellent time management skills and able to multi-task and set priorities. Ability to deal effectively with changing job requirements and shifting priorities
- Bilingual Spanish is preferred
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree is required. Prefer two years’ experience with one or more of the following: multi-cultural communities, education system, working in an urban environment, with at-risk youth.
- Assessment, intake, and strong interviewing skills.
- Experience in effective cross-cultural communications with children and adults to develop and enhance the understanding of the cultural needs of children and their families in relationship to their mentors.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Specifically Outlook, Excel and Word.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Must have reliable transportation and able to drive throughout the metro Denver area for interviews, match introductions and activities as assigned.
- Adhere to all personnel guidelines of the agency.
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor, and appearance at all times; act as a “role model” both at and away from the agency.
- Maintain a creative, team-building approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Perform all tasks and responsibilities with attention to detail and in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency guidelines and conforming to the scheduling requirements of the job and program.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of the clients; act with honesty and integrity in all aspects of Agency business.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills though engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Actively strive to create and maintain a culturally sensitive and appropriate environment through communication and interaction that demonstrates respect for diversity.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSC strives to make all personnel decisions without regard to race, creed, age, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, gender, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, arrest record, or any other protected class as required by applicable law. All employees are expected to actively support these principles and objectives in our work environment and with others with whom we come into contact.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, and required skills. Job description and duties may be subject to change to meet the needs of the organization. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com by April 18, 2019 at 5pm. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.