Agency: Big Brothers Big Sisters Columbia Northwest
Position: Recruitment and Marketing Director
Location: Portland, OR
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000 – $75,000 per year
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
The Director of Recruitment and Marketing is responsible for creating and optimizing strategies to recruit high-quality volunteer mentors to meet annual benchmark goals, recruiting specific segments of underserved youth mentees and families as identified by our chief program officer, and conducting public awareness campaigns. This position will drive strategic growth through the cultivation, recruitment, stewardship, and support of partnerships with volunteer-rich organizations.
The ideal candidate will bring skills including public speaking, interpersonal communication, writing and editing, basic youth-development concepts and programming, marketing, engaging BIPOC (Black, Indigenous & People of Color) communities, and a passion for and commitment to Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and implement strategies to recruit adult mentorship volunteers, particularly men and people of color.
- Identify and implement strategies to recruit youth mentees and their families in areas or populations that are identified as underserved by the chief program officer.
- Develop and implement new strategies and resources for increasing public awareness and recruiting volunteers.
- Advance diversity and inclusion goals for mentor and agency staff participation
- Develop media and promotional opportunities, working closely with the chief development officer.
- Work with the development department to identify and negotiate corporate, community and institutional partnerships that can provide an ongoing supply of potential volunteers and financial support.
- Work with the chief program officer to identify and engage schools, community based, and governmental organizations for youth and family recruitment.
- Coordinate partnerships with the CEO, program, and fund development departments; providing backend support for all partnerships that are managed by the CEO, chief program officer, or chief development officer including the preparation of partnership development materials.
- Develop marketing collateral for recruitment, partnership development, and fund development. This work will be supported by graphic designers and web specialists.
- Set up systems to track outreach efforts and results using Salesforce.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers to assist in recruitment and agency events.
- Maintain customer service at levels that meet or exceed expectations of corporate, school, and institutional partners.
- Serve on the agency’s leadership team, helping to oversee agency operations and guide the vision.
- Fulfill our MISSION to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth and our VISION that all youth achieve their full potential.
- Demonstrated success engaging individuals, corporate partners, and community-based partners.
- Demonstrated success working with BIPOC communities, particularly Black/African American and Latinx community members.
- Ability to connect with others and create a passion for participation while maintaining honesty and a high level of ethical integrity.
- Experience working with mentorship and/or youth and child organizations preferred.
- Shows passion and drive for the BBBS mission.
- Bachelor’s degree or four years’ experience in relevant work (outreach, recruitment, marketing).
- Communicates effectively, expresses self clearly, assists in creating an environment conducive to open, honest and accurate exchange, listens genuinely, and exercises superior verbal and written skills.
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, & Outlook, Salesforce.
- Evening and weekend work required.
- The candidate may demonstrate lived experience engaging BIPOC communities in work that is highly relevant to this position in lieu of other credentials.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Big Brothers Big Sisters Columbia Northwest (BBBSCNW), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
BBBSCNW is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Recruitment & Marketing Director” in the subject line.
Big Brothers Big Sisters Columbia Northwest
6443 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy, Suite 200
Portland, OR 97221