Position Title: Survey Specialist (or Intern)
Department: People and Impact
As the largest and oldest mentoring agency in the region, Big Brothers Big Sisters Twin Cities (BBBS) has a strong foundation that supports life-changing mentoring relationships between caring adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and young people (“Littles”). By partnering with young people, parents/guardians, and volunteer mentors, BBBS defends and amplifies the potential of youth through impactful relationships, educational support, and increased confidence and social- emotional skills.
Justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) are central to our mission and values, and BBBS strives to implement these ideals across all areas of our agency. We are dedicated to cultivating a safe environment where all individuals feel equally respected and valued.
Our mission is to create and support mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. BBBS accomplishes its mission by:
- Providing deep and intentional partnerships with our youth
- Building and sustaining deep relationships with our mentors
- Building a strong organizational foundation
- Creating a workplace culture that represents who we serve
- Transforming our community to understand the importance of our youth
- Supervisor: Director of Grants Management
- Salary: $17.50 – $19.50
- Department: People and Impact
- Job Type: 10-15 hours per week, evenings and weekends required
- Location: Remote, Must live in one of the following states to be eligible: Maryland, Minnesota, Texas
Primary Function of the Position
- The Survey Specialist will support the Impact and Programs teams. This is a remote position that will work approximately 10-15 hours per week, primarily evening and weekends.
Essential Job Functions
- Become familiar with all BBBS program evaluation mechanisms.
- Conduct youth and volunteer surveys and collect data, using methods such as questionnaires and 1:1 interviews
- Transcribe answers to surveys during phone and virtual meeting calls.
- Monitor and evaluate survey completion rate against goals.
- Maintain and log surveys in our internal database and track progress toward grant funding requirements.
- Ensure that all information required by funders is captured in the database
- Provide excellent customer service to all program participants through phone and written communication.
- Provide data entry support and perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least three years of experience in related positions including work with databases, ability to keyboard, operate a computer and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in digital survey tools such as Surveymonkey or Google Forms preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills in dealing with internal and external constituents
- Ability to work independently
- Self-motivated with excellent time management and accountability skills
- Ability to enter records and maintain information in computer databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written, telephone and in-person communications.
- Skill in time management and analyzing work processes and workflow.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and task completion.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines.
- High degree of integrity, ethical decision making, and commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- The applicant can expect sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- We care deeply about our employees and know holistic support is essential for our staff to carry out the BBBS mission. We recognize the need for flexible scheduling and remote work. Employees are able to work with their supervisors to identify a schedule that works best for both them and the agency. We offer on the job training and $25/month cell phone reimbursement.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply online via this link: BBBS Careers. Include a cover letter and resume.
Our hiring process includes phone screens and in-person interviews, reference and background checks for final candidates. All staff are required to be fingerprinted through the bureau of criminal apprehension (bca) within the first week of employment.
Persons of color, women, members of the lgbtq community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to the human resources team at careers@bigstwincities. Org. At this time, we are unable to provide company sponsored visas and are only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the united states.
The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position. Rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Employees may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.