Mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters: to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
Position Name: Volunteer Manager
Purpose of Position: To ensure that volunteer mentors in the program have the skills, tools and knowledge to be effective in mentoring relationships with youth.
Location: Big Brothers Big Sisters of San Antonio
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Interview new volunteers and make decisions about eligibility for mentoring.
- Support and supervise volunteers in mentoring relationships with youth.
- Requires working on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday evenings and Saturdays (Sunday and Monday off).
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with volunteers required. Licensure and employee management experience preferred.
- Enthusiasm: Displays interest and enjoyment of the work.
- Likeability: For developing relationships, establishing rapport.
- Persuasion: Can make an eloquent, compelling case for support. Motivates others.
- Tenacity: Perseveres in the face of a challenge or difficult task.
- Training Development Coaching: Supports team members and volunteers in reaching their goals.
- Conflict Management: Identifies and handles conflicts sensibly, fairly, and efficiently. Assess concerns/issues to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, make recommendations and/or draw solid conclusion.
- Listening: Demonstrates the ability to give attention to, understand and respond effectively to team members and program participants.
- Adaptability: Can adjust to new conditions.
- Communication- oral/written: Is effective at connecting and exchanging information with others for results.
- Customer Focus: Cares about the satisfaction of all Bigs, Littles, parents and other BBBS stakeholders.
- Diversity: Values different perspectives and experiences. Relate well in multicultural environments.
- Excellence: Is committed to quality work and outcomes.
- Integrity: Acts with honesty; is trustworthy.
- Organization/Planning: Manages work in a systematic efficient way
- Pragmatic: Is logical and rational when problem solving or managing projects.
- Resourceful: Finds ways to overcome barriers to meeting goals.
- Stress management: Controls stress for optimal everyday functioning.
- Teamwork: Collaborates with other staff in a team environment to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
Salary: The agency’s capacity as well as the final candidate’s history, experience and salary expectations are considered in negotiations for annual salary. Salary range: $32,000-$45,000. Benefits: Ample & competitive.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.