Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Mountain region seeks an inspiring, collaborative, and innovative Vice President of Programs to assess, improve and expand, and oversee the wide variety of evidence-based programs delivered to communities in northern, western and southwestern NM.
Position Title: Vice President of Programs (VPP)
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Job Status: Full Time/Exempt
Direct Reports: Director of Program Personnel and Community Outreach
The Vice President of Programs reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the overall quality and capacity building of program services. This position is responsible for overall quality and capacity building of agency direct services through an ongoing process of program & staff development, supervision, monitoring, and evaluation of service staff. The VPP is responsible for developing programs in concert with the organization’s vision, mission, and strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management and Leadership , Public Administration, or related field and 5-7 years of related work experience with progressive management responsibilities preferably at the senior management level
- Demonstrated ability to make presentations that move people to action
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment (personal computer/laptop, phone with voicemail, fax, copier, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Access and Excel.
- Willing and able to use personal vehicle for local travel on Agency business; with valid NM driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Able to work harmoniously with BBBS personnel, clients, volunteers and others
- Master’s degree in Business, Management and Leadership, Public Administration, or related field and 3-5 years of experience as a Senior Manager
- Familiarity with the social, cultural and economic make-up of New Mexico
Big Brothers Big Sisters Mountain Region is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with ADA guidelines and regulations.