Location: Oldham Shelby Counties
Bachelor’s Degree preferred; in lieu of degree a minimum of four (4) years marketing/sales, special events, fundraising experience considered.
- In collaboration with Chief Development Officer and Community Engagement Director, develop and closely monitor branch budget (revenue and expenses) to ensure we deliver on revenue goals
- Develop and manage event budgets to ensure accurate revenue projections
ADVISORY COUNCIL ENGAGEMENT:
- Cultivate and steward an active Harrison County Advisory Council; seek new members throughout the year and challenge current members to expand capacity in the communities served
- Create, cultivate and steward a new Advisory Council to support agency growth in Clark/Floyd Counties
- Engage individuals to serve on the Advisory Councils in all counties and maintain solid relationships with effective communication and feedback solicitation: manage monthly meetings, meeting reminders, meeting recap notes and accountabilities for council members
- Keep the Advisory Councils informed of current practices and procedures, and aware of agency innovations, financial needs and volunteer engagement needs
- Work in conjunction with the Advisory Councils by providing information and direction to pursue sources of funding, as well as fundraising activities and events, and to implement volunteer engagement plans addressing the needs of the agency in Southern Indiana
- Manage Bowl For Kids Sake sponsorships/participation for Harrison County; develop and execute new Bowl For Kids Sake events in Clark/Floyd Counties; and oversee any third-party special events in these communities with the goal of continued growth, including a detailed event plan that contains: event timelines, event budget, volunteer/staff recruitment, volunteer training, corporate sponsorship solicitation, prize solicitation, vendor relations/cooperation, committee supervision/support, post-event acknowledgments, and event reporting.
- Develop, steward and maintain positive relationship with United Way, Harrison County Community Foundation, Horseshoe Foundation, Community Foundation of Southern Indiana and other relevant funding sources.
- Identify individuals’ current donors and prospective new donors through events that can be cultivated and partner with the Fund Development Team to develop strategies for solicitation, with specific focus on growing our Monthly Giving Program.
- Work in conjunction with the Development Director of Grants to identify, write and secure grants.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT/VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT:
- Develop and implement a strategic volunteer recruitment plan that incorporates a full menu of outreach initiatives to engage new volunteer Big Brothers/Sisters to meet grant and budget requirements.
- Respond to requests for speakers and informational booths, utilizing volunteers, Advisory Council members, and staff resources as needed.
- Seek underwriting when necessary to offset costs of events.
- Establish in conjunction with the Advisory Council a positive, broad-based community relations effort to continually promote Big Brothers Big Sisters and current agency needs specific to the Southern Indiana counties we serve.
KENTUCKIANA OFFICE RELATIONS:
- For first six months of employment, this position will be housed in the main office located in Louisville; after this initial period the option of working remotely from home can be explored with supervisor
- Attend Kentuckiana staff meetings, including bi-weekly Fund Development team meetings.
- Communicate needs of Southern Indiana to Kentuckiana management staff including but not limited to: budgetary, marketing, special events and volunteer engagement needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates can click here (http://www.bbbsky.org/careers.html) to learn more and apply online.